Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Angus T. Jones Should Avoid Preacher Christopher Hudson


When it comes to television I have become a selective viewer and as I have aged some of the shows that previously I found cleverly written just don’t appeal to me any longer.   After giving up couple of years earlier on American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, this year I stumbled upon The Voice.

For many reasons The Voice is more enjoyable than American Idol.
The competing talent on The Voice is very good right from the get-go and the panel of 4 very successful judges are not a brutal group. The four judges appear to have a very genuine interest in the success of the contestants and deliberately do not set out to embarrass them.


 
But other than getting through this season, most likely I will not watch the show next year.  Watched it, understand it, and time to move on.

After being glued to MSNBC and its nighttime line up during the presidential election, I have managed to have a quick and painless withdrawal from the very partisan group of personalities.   Other than tuning into my continued favorite, Chris Matthew's Hardball, my interest in the drama of Washington has waned substantially until the next political crisis. (Appears the looming fiscal cliff crisis will force me to tune into the political talk shows again!)





Reality television has never captured my interest to the point that I will consume my evening hours watching the drama. 

However, this past Sunday evening, my television remote control was on the other side of the room and my back was killing me and so I did not get up from my chair to change the channel when TLC Sister Wives came on. 


 
For one very forgettable evening I was momentarily hooked.   The premise that a man could have four wives and put up each of his wives in their own very nice homes is a bit hard to grasp for this middle class guy.   

The Kody Brown's kids seem normal, yet there is just something so weird  about parents allowing their family lives being taped for the entire world to see.   Perhaps the family is addicted to the cameras---I really don’t know nor do I care as more than likely I will not watch the polygamist drama again---or until I find out if wife number one is going to go through with  in vitro fertilization!

However, there is one television show that a long time ago I had occasionally watched and it was Two and a Half Men.


For me, the show has the same theme each week.  Whether the show’s actors are Charlie Sheen or Ashton Kutcher, it is a retelling about the sexual exploits of men that long time ago should have grown up.  

One of the brighter moments was the youngest actor on the show, Angus T. Jones who the world watched grow up.




Angus and his television character matured before the nation.




This week, while publicly professing his love of Christ, Angus finally had the guts to essentially say the show was amoral and he was ready to move on.   However, when he made those statements, he appeared to be a very trusting troubled young man---on a spiritual journey which is not so unusual for young people his age. 

 I really can’t imagine that he expected his comments to be blasted around the world.

I have limited  tolerance for many  television evangelists who exploit the poor and those in ill-health.   With typical evangelical fashion he was exploited by the Forerunner Chronicles in Seale, Alabama church ministries when his heart felt interview was broad casted on You Tube. 

Angus should run hard and fast away from those folks. 


He was talking from the heart and as often times is the case young adults can be so refreshingly honest that things may come out of their mouths that they may later regret.  However, for most 19 year olds, fortunately their comments are not broadcast to a world audience.

In his case, Angus may have trashed his current career.  Rather Forerunner Chronicles and its church minister Seventh Day Adventist preacher Christopher Hudson assisted in the trashing of  his career.



At least publicly,  Angus T. Jones appears to have had a good head on his shoulder. Beginning at a very young age as an actor, he most definitely has earned every penny in his pocket.  Jones will likely be successful in any of his new endeavors if surrounded by decent people and avoids the influences of men like Hudson.  

Hopefully, the men and women and his family that worked with him on Two and a Half Men will at least be certain the young man is emotionally okay.

This story is not so much about Angus T. Jones.  


Rather it is about Preacher Christopher Hudson who is in reality a low-life opportunist that publicly exploited a young man's spiritual turmoil.  People should  stay clear of Hudson and hold onto the money in their wallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment